Zimswitch has introduced new and exciting technology driven solutions to the industry, while meeting the payment processing needs of the general populace.
With over 20 financial institutions and third party payment solutions such as mobile network operators, Zimswitch offers interoperability while also facilitating financial inclusion.
Zimswitch services over 42 000 Point of Sale (POS) machines nationwide. These are found in most major retail chains, small to medium shops, hotels, restaurants and fast food outlets countrywide.
- On a POS machine a client is able to pay for groceries, do bill payments, cash back, airtime purchases and balance enquiry.
- Available at major retail chains and service centers – now you can access cash at banking agents nationwide regardless of which bank you bank with.
Any mobile registered user on any network is able to enjoy real convenience of sending money through Zimswitch Instant Payment Interchange Technology (ZIPIT).
• One is able to buy airtime and transfer airtime to another mobile user.
• ZIPIT enables a person to send funds instantly from a Zimswitch member bank to another member bank and funds are received instantly.
• ZIPIT also enables a person to transfer funds from the bank to the mobile wallet.
For secure and convenient payment methods, Zimswitch offers you Vpayments, a tried and tested safe way of online shopping. Simply put, Vpayment is a Zimswitch POS device, online!.
There are over 400 Zimswitch enabled Automated Teller Machines (ATM) around the country. These are found in major cities, towns and growth points ensuring that bank account holders can access cash via ATMs anywhere in Zimbabwe.
- A client is able to withdraw cash, do balance enquiry, transfer funds, and purchase airtime on any Zimswitch enabled ATM.
- On selected ATMs, one is able to withdraw cash in other currencies other than the US dollar, like the rand.
ZimSwitch was formed in 1994 by a partnership of 6 Financial Institutions namely, Beverley, Barclays, CABS, Founders Building Society (ZBBs), Stanbic and Zimbank (ZB Bank). CBZ and Time Bank joined in 1995 and 1997 respectively. In 1995, Zimswitch processed its first...read more
Each turn of the year feels like a change in seasons and prompts us to review the passing period and look into the future as it were. Zimswitch operative password is efficiency. As such, the company is focusing more on this front this 2017 and into the immediate...read more